Homemade Mac and Cheese:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Calories: 859 kcal per serving
The best family favorite formula, it’s called the Mac and Cheese. The youngsters love it, adults adore it. It’s extremely simple and nice. Decide today to treat your family with this extra creamy cheesy mac n cheese. The cheese sauce tastes great and is so easy to make. Just follow me step by step and feel the greatness of this simple and easy, extremely delicious dish.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- Drain your macaroni after following the cooking instructions according to the package.
- melt your butter or margarine over medium to low heat in a saucepan.
- Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until your cheese is melted and the sauce is thick.
- in a large casserole dish, Put your macaroni and pour sauce over macaroni and Stir well.
- Use a skillet over medium heat to melt your butter or margarine. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. If you like it spicy Sprinkle it with a little paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. and serve while warm.
Tips and tricks:
Cook one minute less than the package instructions to avoid a mushy mac and cheese.
- For a creamy, sharp flavor. I use cheddar cheese.
- to make sauce creamy, cook your noodles in milk instead of water
Per Serving: 859 calories; protein 37.7g; carbohydrates 66.7g; fat 48.7g; cholesterol 142.6mg; sodium 879.3mg.