Chicken Pot Pie
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Calories: 412 kcal per serving
This homemade chicken pot pie is the most comforting of all comfort food recipes of all time. It’s always perfect for Sunday dinner on a cold winter weekend! It certainly take some time but it’s so worth it. With its rich and creamy filling, and it’s flaky and buttery crust. Follow step by step this easy recipe to learn how to make the best chicken pot pie ever.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- combine together your chicken, carrots, peas, and celery in a saucepan. Then add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, let it drain and set aside.
- Now over medium heat, cook your onions in butter in a saucepan until they are soft and translucent. Add flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Then stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer until thickens over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Put the chicken mixture in the bottom pie crust. Pour your hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust and seal your edges, cut away excess dough. Make several small slits using a fork in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until you notice the pastry is golden brown. Let it Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
So today, you are making your easy, delicious, diary free chicken pot pie. It’s so good you won’t even miss the dairy. It’s a healthier option but try it out for yourself and let me know how it was.
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving: 412 calories; protein 18.4g; carbohydrates 30.4g; fat 23.9g; cholesterol 54.9mg; sodium 51.7mg.