Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Calories: 166 kcal per serving
All families love bread pudding, you can have it as a dessert or even for breakfast with some milk poured on top, it’s extremely delicious.
So today you will be learning how to make the best homemade bread pudding you will ever have. The bread pudding of champions is here. Enjoy
- 6 slices day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup raisins (Optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On an 8 inch square baking pan, slice your bread into small pieces.
- Pour your melted margarine or butter over your bread. You can sprinkle it with raisins If wanted.
- Now combine your eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl and beat until totally mixed.
- Pour over bread, use a fork and lightly push down until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Place it in your preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until you notice the top springs back when lightly tapped.
This amazing bread pudding recipe is perfectly sweet with wonderful moist and soft texture inside, a crisp top and a delicious pudding sauce. popular in many countries’ cuisines, just because it’s easy as can be doesn’t mean it’s not amazingly delicious.
Also, i use brioche instead of day old bread then whipped up my favorite brandy sauce, which i poured liberally on top.
Nutrition Facts : Per Serving: 166 calories; protein 4.6g; carbohydrates 26.5g; fat 4.8g; cholesterol 70.3mg; sodium 139.8mg.